Friday, July 9, 2010

Land of Enchantment

Go Lobos!!!! We will forever be fans!
Beautiful Sandia Mountains
Santa Fe
State Flag
Balloons flying over the Rio Grande

Well, this is our last full day in Albuquerque. I'm home with the movers while they finish up loading all of our belongings. We woke up to such a beautiful day here in ABQ. The weather was, of course, perfect. We even saw several hot air balloons flying over us when I drove the kids to the babysitter's.
We have had such an amazing year here! John and I are both so glad we decided to come for a year and experience life somewhere new and exciting. Some of our favorite Albuquerque things:

(in no particular order)
1. AMAZING weather, almost every day. No kidding. This place is sunny with little or no humidity. The fall was my favorite time of year. Absolutely beautiful!!!!!!
2. Green chilies: Ok, so not MY favorite, but John really likes them.
3. Our church. We visited a few churches when we first moved, but quickly settled on Montgomery. We love, love, love our friends we have met from church. William has had such a good time in Bible Class and Edward is always loved on in the nursery, even when he is most unlovable!!!!!! :)
4. Our small group at church: OK, so it gets a little WILD on Sunday nights with all of our families together, but so much fun!!!!!!!!!! We will really miss all of the folks in our small group. William and Edward had such fun with all the other kiddos!
5. Balloon Fiesta!!!! If you ever have a chance to come to ABQ, you should come in mid-October for the Balloon fiesta. Hot air balloons are all over the place!!!! It lasts 10 days and we loved every minute of it!!!!!
6. Snow skiing: We didn't actually ski in ABQ, but we did manage to go to Durango, Santa Fe, and Taos. William enjoyed his first encounter with skiing and it was so great to be so close to the mountains!!!!
7. The mountain view from our house. It was so cool to drive William to school and have mountains surrounding us. I never got tired of seeing such a beautiful view!
8. Starbucks. I know Starbucks are all over the world, but there seem to be a TON here in ABQ!!!! My running buddy, Rucha, introduced me to the skinny vanilla latte and I will forever be grateful! I'm a bit ashamed to say we got one every morning after our run. It was our little reward for getting up so early!


There are so many more wonderful things I could say about Albuquerque! This has been an amazing year! We will really miss all of our friends--please come visit us back in Alabama!!!

No comments: