My sister-in-law, Nikki, gave me a great way to display Christmas cards. She sets up a separate tree just for cards. I'm assuming she puts up lights and a star, but the rest of the decorations is cards. By the time Christmas gets here, the tree is filled with cards! So cute. We didn't do it this year because we didn't bring our tree, but next year, I definitely want to try it. This year, I tied the cards on a wreath that is hanging in our kitchen. Let's just say the wreath is exploding with cards--a tree will be better!
Also, don't you hate throuwing away the cards after Christmas? I always just stick them in the Christmas decorations box and forget about them until we get the box out for the next year. Nikki also inspired me to keep all the cars in a small basket and choose one every night at dinner. Then, you can pray for that family when you bless the meal. A great way to keep using the cards throughout the year. I love it!!!! Thanks, Nikki, for the great tips!
Keep sending the cards--I love seeing everyone from back home!!!!
Emily
2 comments:
I've lost your "we've moved card" with your new address on it. Can you e-mail it to me? ashleycosby@bellsouth.net Thanks!
Great idea!
Post a Comment