Tuesday, September 8, 2009

Grand Canyon

We saw this baby deer as we headed to breakfast Saturday.
Hiking on Saturday!
William posing for the camera. I told him he could NOT get off the path!!!
John and Edward. I'm holding William as I took this picture!
William and me enjoying the view. I am probably telling him how dangerous it is for him to be that close to the edge. Yikes!!!!!


So, this past weekend we loaded up and drove to the Grand Canyon. We left kind of late Friday night and didn't arrive until after midnight. William didn't sleep AT ALL for the 6 hour trip. He was so excited to see the hotel room. We stayed inside the park and our room was very basic, but William thought it was so neat! He loved that he had his own big bed.
We were up very early the next morning and ready to see the sights. We hiked around the rim of the canyon on Saturday and Sunday. Of course, both days we had to head back to the hotel room for afternoon naps. The boys did great! I was a nervous wreck when William got out of the stroller. My personal opinion: they need more railings around the rim of the canyon!!!! Toddlers and cliffs don't really go together. One of William's favorite things was riding the shuttle bus around the park. He thought it was a school bus. He would sit in the seat and just look around and smile. Hilarious.
The weather was so perfect. It was cool in the mornings and evenings but nice and warm during the day. Monday morning, we headed out to Flagstaff to meet up with Tracy, Anna, Gina, Donnelly and Jamie for breakfast. It was so good to see everyone!!!!! Enjoy the pictures!!!!!

1 comment:

Alicia said...

What fun! I completely agree with them needing some more rails around there! It makes me nervous just thinking about it! So glad you all had a good time and are making the most of being in such a unique area!!